Elon Musk Reveals What Will Happen After Twitter Board Sue Him

July 11, 2022
1 min read

The Chief Executive Officer of Tesla, Elon Musk, has mocked the decision of Twitter board to sue him after the founder of SpaceX withdrew his offer to acquire the company on Friday.

Twitter board had released a statement after Musk terminated the acquisition deal, threatening to sue the billionaire for backing out of the takeover. The firm hired US-based law firm Watchell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz LLP.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The board intends to use the court to force Musk into complying with the agreement involving the Twitter takeover. The firm’s board chairman, Bret Taylor, said the social media firm is committed to closing the transaction on the price and terms agreed upon with the billionaire. The acquisition fee is $44 billion.

Prime Business Africa had previously reported that Musk’s reason for pulling out of the agreement was centered on Twitter board refusing him access to information relating to the number of bot accounts on its platform.

While the social media firm said it gave Musk access to its user data, Musk, through his lawyer, said “Twitter has not complied with its contractual obligations”. He further stated that, “Twitter has failed or refused to provide this information.”

Following reports that Twitter has hired a law firm to file a lawsuit against Musk, the billionaire took to the social media platform to mock the threat with different memes in one picture.

Musk hinted that he’s playing a chess with the company, stating that they didn’t want to share the bot accounts information with him, but will now have to do so in the court.

The memes read in parts; “They said I couldn’t buy Twitter. They won’t disclose bot info. Now they want to force me to buy Twitter in court. Now they have to disclose bot info in court.” he shared with his laughing face.

content

+ posts

Latest from Business

NNPCL Raises Petrol Price To N950/litre

NNPCL Raises Petrol Price To N950/litre

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has finally joined other oil marketers in raising the price of Premium Motors Spirit (PMS), also known as petrol. With effect from 2 April 2025,

Don't Miss

Elon Musk

$100bn Payments Made To Individuals Without ID ‘Insane’, Says Elon Musk

Elon Musk, leader of the Department of Government